A little motivational know-how from some individuals with a penchant for success…
The New Year brings with it much opportunity. Have you been sitting on that business idea, hesitant to get it up and running? Have you been thinking about a career change, to shake things up a bit? Need that little extra nudge to get you motivated for the year ahead? We’re on hand (with a little help from some business gurus) to inspire you to push yourself going forward into 2015.
While these folks might seem miles away from when you’re wanting to be, remember that every journey starts somewhere, and even old Ricky Branson was an entrepreneurial novice one day (was he really though? I’m starting to believe he was born in a boardroom).
So, I’m going to kick things off with a quote from one of my favourite people, and let the experts do the talking for a while:
- “All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
- “Businesses and entrepreneurs that are generally considered to be more fortunate or luckier than others are usually those that are prepared to take chances and experiment with new approaches — and to fall flat on their faces every so often.” – Richard Branson for Entrepreneur.com
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new” – Albert Einstein
- “The best revenge is massive success” – Frank Sinatra
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr Seuss
- “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos
- “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J K Rowling
- “Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.” – Johnny Carson