As promised here’s another blog post from me to keep you up to date with the latest product developments here at UK2, and it’s an exciting one!
We’ve just launched FREE POP3 Email with UK2 Domain Names!
Now every existing and new UK2 Domain Name will come with a POP3 Email Account for FREE, which means you’ll be able to choose whether to view your emails via our UK2 webmail service or using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook. And it means you’ll get even more value for money from UK2 as a lot of hosting companies only offer this an an upgrade option, but with UK2 you get it for FREE!
How do you activate your FREE 100MB POP3 Email Account?
If you haven’t already got a UK2 Domain you’ll need to buy one, or transfer a current Domain to us. Once you get your email confirming that your account has been set up, follow the instructions below.
If you have already got a UK2 Domain log into the control panel for your Domain. You’ll see an option called Email Forwarding and POP Accounts. If you click on this link you’ll have the option “Add a POP mailbox to firstname.lastname@example.org” which, when selected, lets you choose the prefix you want for the email address. You’ll have to enter your domain name and password to make the change – and that’s it!
How do you configure the POP settings on your email client?
There are several different types of mail client, but for Microsoft Outlook use the following instructions:
– Go to “Tools” and “Email Accounts” and choose the option “Add a new email account”
– You’ll need to select the type of server as “POP3”
– You’ll need to fill in the following details:
– Your Name: Your name! You can choose whether you want to use first and last name
– Email Address: The email address you created as your POP account above
– Incoming Mail Server: mail.uk2.net
– Outgoing Mail Server: mail.uk2.net
– User Name: This is again the email address you created as your POP account above
– Password: The password for your Domain Control Panel
– You must click on “More Settings at this point to do some further configuration.
– In the “General” tab use the Mail Account box to input the name that you would liked displayed when you send an email to your contacts
– On the “Outgoing Server” tab you MUST check the box which says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication)
– In the “Advanced” tab, check the box that says “Leave a copy of my messages on the server” if you want your emails to still be accessible from webmail, even if you’ve downlaoded them to your computer
– The click “OK”, “Next” and “Finish”
If you have a different email client of have problems, please contact our Support Team who will be happy to help.
What are your upgrade options?
We know that some customers want more than one POP account, so we’ve got some upgrade options too for you .
If you have an existing Domain click on the “Addons and Upgrades” link in your Domain Control Panel. If you’re buying a new Domain all the options will be shown to you in the order process.
– 5 extra POP3 Email Accounts and an additional 1,000MB of space for £0.99 per month – OR FREE if you have a UK2 Web Hosting package
– 100 extra POP3 Email Accounts and an additional 5,000MB of space for £1.99 per month
We are also still providing the 5 Email Forwarding addresses as standard with all domains, with an upgrade option to 500 Email Forwarding addresses for £1.42 per month.
Bye for now,