I have sat here racking my brains trying to think of something interesting and witty to write about in my post, but thought sod it, I’m just going to take this opportunity to have a whinge about my top ten hates.
My top ten hates (in no particular order)
- Sunday walkers. This might just be a London thing but, why do people walk so slowly? I do have somewhere to be and I don’t want to spend my day admiring you from behind, get out of the way!
- Free newspaper people. I have nothing against free newspapers; anything free in my book is a good thing. What I am fed up of is having a paper shoved in my face every couple of steps I take down the road….and to make it worse this happens on my way to work and on my way home. If I wanted a paper I would take one. Get the hint! If I am moving to the other side of the pavement to get away from you….it’s not because I want to play relay with the newspaper.
- Changing room etiquette…or should I say lack of it! What is it with women in gym changing rooms that insist on walking around completely naked for the whole time they are there? I honestly think that the only reason these women join the gym is so that they can walk about the changing rooms naked!
- People that insist on squashing themselves into tube carriages. There will be another tube in I don’t know…one minute. Just stand and wait patiently on the platform like everyone else, don’t force your way onto the already packed train, and make me have to bend in a way that my spine just wasn’t designed for.
- People and their headphones on trains. If everyone around you is staring at you it’s not because you are so gorgeous people can’t take their eyes off you. It’s because your rubbish music is so loud that they have mistaken you for a speaker!
- Tourists. I know this is a difficult one to avoid in London, but why do tourists have to be…well such tourist? How can you get lost trying to find Piccadilly Circus when you are on Regents Street!
- Smoker’s whinging about how they can’t smoke anywhere. I know why don’t you quit and stop spreading your cancer infected smoke about!
- Flatmates. Thankfully I no longer have to deal with the devils that are flatmates, but the memories live on! Why do some flatmates feel the need to use every single pot, pan plate and anything else they can get their hands on to cook their food, and then leave them to rot on the side for weeks and wonder why its still dirty?
- Groups in restaurants using a calculator to split the bill. I like going out with my mates just as much as the next person, but just split the bill at the end of the night. So what if you to pay a fiver more than you should have. Don’t sit there with a calculator working out how much you owe down to the penny, its annoying! If you cant afford a little extra, then maybe you shouldn’t be going out!
- Overseas call centres. It takes about ten years to get through to anyone and when you do, the connections so bad that you have to repeat yourself 10 times before you are understood, only to discover that the person on the other end of the phone can’t help you. They then say they will transfer you and just end up cutting you off.
I realise having read this that I may sound like an angry person, but I’m really not….well maybe a little, but can you honestly tell me that there isn’t a single thing in this list that hasn’t annoyed you in the past?