We’re enjoying Halloween here at UK2! Trick or treat? We’re not playing tricks on you, but we definitely have loads of treats to give away! Check out all our 10th Birthday Offers.
- Halloween dates back over 2,000 years and the Celts were the first to celebrate it
- It is very rare for a full moon to occur at the same time as Halloween. The next time it is said to occur is 31 October, 2020.
- Dunking for apples arose from a practice of divining the future. It was believed that if you could hold an apple between your teeth you would have a fulfilling romance with whomever you choose.
- Legendary Harry Houdini who forever changed the world of magic and escapes died of a ruptured appendix on Halloween in 1926
- According to ancient superstitions, if you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, you’ll see your future spouse.
- The pumpkin is one of the best sources of Vitamin A and about 90% of a its weight is water
- In all, U.S. Halloween spending is predicted to reach $5.77 billion, despite the current financial crisis
- It is believed that the Irish began the tradition of Trick or Treating. In preparation for All Hallow’s Eve, Irish townsfolk would visit neighbours and ask for contributions of food for a feast in the town.
- Five most popular adult Halloween costumes:
- Spalding claims to be the pumpkin capital of Britain, because it’s the home of the country’s biggest producer. David Bowman grows two million a year!
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange. Making it a very unique colour for Halloween…and UK2!
Hope you have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!