It’s well known that affiliates who like to build niche sites turn to WordPress but even I discovered things I didnt know when Kevin Gibbons spoke recently at A4u Expo. This fabulous presentation by Kevin Gibbons of SEOptimise can be seen here
Top 20 WordPress Plugins
- Sharebar – useful WordPress plugin to display all popular social media bookmarking buttons alongside blog posts.
- Blackbird Pie – easily share your favourite tweets by embedding them directly into blogs posts.
- su.pr – encourage StumbleUpon votes when using URL shorteners to send links out on Twitter.
- Backtype – pull together the latest discussion around a blog post from social media websites.
- Subscribe to comments – encourage the continuation of blog discussions, with email alert messages to commenters.
- All in One SEO – automatically optimise title tags, description and noindex/follow meta tags.
- Yet Another Related Posts – automatically build internal links to related content from each blog post.
- Google XML Sitemaps Generator – great way of automatically generating an XML sitemap to keep your blog up-to-date.
- Redirection – easily manage the redirection of a blog from one URL to a new version.
- SEO Smart Links – automatically create internal/external links when keywords are mentioned within content.
- Feedburner FeedSmith – automatically forwards any RSS URL’s to use a single Feedburner version.
- RSS Footer – add copyright, external links and promotions for subscribers and scraper sites using RSS feeds.
- WordPress Database Backup – make sure you have a backup of your site incase the worst happens.
- WP Super Cache – make sure your blog is running as quickly as possible, looking to keep users and search engines happy!
- A/B Theme Testing Plugin – split test two different WordPress designs or layouts alongside each other simultaneously.
- Zemanta – get inspiration to brighten up posts, with images and external links recommended to bloggers.
- WP Robot – automated plugin for important Amazon and eBay products into a blog automatically. Be careful with this one!
- WP125 – ad management tool to rotate ads and manage the expiry date for direct advertisers.
- Geolocation targeting – try targeting your ads specifically for your most popular audience locations.
- WP-e-commerce – convert your WordPress site into an e-commerce store so that you manage the buying process.