If you’re running a small to medium-sized business and have been considering making the jump from a shared hosting platform to a dedicated one, the launch of our new dedicated server line-up could be the nudge you need…
Shared hosting is a great fit for small businesses when starting out online. As resources are managed fully by the hosting provider (that’s us!), many entrepreneurs choose to run their website – and indeed any other applications – on a shared platform for ease. It’s also cost effective, with prices starting from just 99p/month for the most basic Budget Hosting package! So when is it time to consider a more robust solution?
Dedicated servers give you complete control. Root/Admin and IPMI both come as standard with each dedicated server, so you are in charge over what the hardware is used for. All of our servers are housed in our fully-owned London data centre, meaning we’re on hand to keep an eye on things for you guaranteeing your hosting investment is in safe hands. UK2 is proud of its dedicated server support on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What’s so great about dedicated servers?
- It’s all yours – Dedicated hosting is just that: dedicated to you. As your business – or indeed personal – requirements of the infrastructure and hardware evolve, you’re more likely to require greater resources. A dedicated server is fully owned by you, and so all of the bandwidth and storage is your own, effectively strengthening your online presence.
- No traffic jams – Our top-spec dedicated servers come with a huge 100TB data transfer limit, which means you’d struggle to reach the data flow ceiling, avoiding data traffic jams and serving your data in near real-time without obstacles.
- Room to grow – Whether you choose traditional SATA or SSD disks for your storage, there’s plenty of it available to you with a dedicated server from UK2. Our dedicated servers offer up to 64GB of RAM, with top spec servers offering 4 x 4TB SATA hard disk drives, with optional SSD upgrades. Abundant storage becomes more of a business necessity when your online presence begins to grow.
- Under lock and key – Our fully owned data centre is manned around the clock, 365 days a year, and the security of your data is our priority. We run optical, ionisation and heat detection sensors, coupled with VESDA fire protection, all of which allow us to provide the security for your data which you can rely on.
- Fail-safe – We have a fully redundant infrastructure at our data centre, meaning that should we suffer a power outage we have the means to keep your server up and running.
- Keeping things cool – Our intelligent free cooling methods are energy efficient, working around the clock to make sure your hardware is kept at an optimum temperature and can run efficiently without overheating.
- Speedy network – Our network is built on 100% premium Cisco hardware, complete with 200Gb of peering connectivity and multiple transit providers, totalling over 400Gbps of public network capacity. All of our servers are connected to 1Gbps dedicated ports on fully redundant switches, making for a lightning-fast system.
If you’re looking to expand your online presence and take control of your hosting solution, it may be time for a dedicated server. Get in touch with us today here to discuss the best hosting solution for you, and take a look at our dedicated servers page to find out more about dedicated hosting.