This Documentation will provide instructions on how to edit the DNS section of CHI.
Please note that changes made to the DNS can take up to 24 hours to propagate and for the changes to take effect.
1. Log in to your CHI account at https://chi.uk2.net
2. Click on the Domains Tab off to the left
3. Select the domain you wish to edit the DNS for on the left
4. Click on the DNS tab towards the top of the Page
1. From this screen you can edit the nameservers.
The default nameservers for UK2.net are the following:
2. Once you are done editing the nameservers click the blue save changes button.
1. If you wish to edit advanced records click show advanced options to expand the page to look something like this:
2. At the bottom right corner of each record section there is an option to add new DNS records as shown in the screenshot above. This is used when a domain requires multiple MX records, or TXT records for authentication purposes, etc.
If you would like more information on the various record types please continue reading here.
Only domains that are pointed to our name servers will be affected by the changes made in this section. Only domains that are registered through UK2.net will have access to this panel to manage custom DNS records. If a domain is registered elsewhere, our name servers can still be used and the domain will function properly. However, access to create custom DNS records will not exist.
If you have a domain registered outside of UK2.net, and you require access to manage your DNS records for your domain, please point your domain to your registrar’s name servers. You will need to point the appropriate DNS records to our servers from your registrar’s control panel.
The UK2 Nameservers are:
The most commonly edited DNS settings are A, CNAME, and MX records.
Examples of how to set up these records are below:
A Record: Points your domain name to a hosting server.
Points To: IP Address 22.214.171.124
TTL: 86400 (1 Day)
CNAME Record: Connects the www or subdomain to your domain name.
Points To: domain.co.uk
TTL: 86400 (1 Day)
MX Record: Connects your domain to a mail server.
Priority: 0 (A record with a priority of 0 will be checked first, then higher priorities)
TTL: 14400 (4 Hours)
If you get stuck or have any questions feel free to contact our technical support team. They will be happy to assist you.