Your WordPress Blog automatically places your blog posts in the “Uncategorized” category once they are published, causing each of your posts to display this at the bottom of the page. This article will show you how to delete that category and create a new folder for your posts.
Navigate to the WordPress tab within your CHI account after logging in with your username and password.
2. Click on your domain name associated with your WordPress account.
3. Click the “Go to WordPress Admin Area”link.
Before WordPress will allow you to delete the “Uncategorized” category, you will need to create a new category for your posts.
Fill out the necessary information for the category you are creating.
Navigate to the “All Posts” page within the “Posts” tab.
2. Select “Quick Edit” written in blue underneath the title of your post.
3. Change the category from “Uncategorized” to your newly created category.
4. Click “Update” to save your progress.
5. Repeat this process to move the rest of your posts to your new category.
Navigate to the “Writing” section within the “Settings” tab.
2. Change the “Default Post Category” to the name of the category that you have just created.
3. Change the “Default Mail Category” to your new category.
4. Click “Save Changes”, and you are almost finished.
Navigate to the “Categories” page under the “Post” tab.
2. Check the box next to the “Uncategorized” category to select the file.
3. Click the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu.
4. Select the “Delete” option.
5. Click “Apply”. You have now successfully completed your task.