This page will explain the Add-on Domain Tab under the Shared Hosting section of your CHI control panel.
To add an add-on domain in CHI follow these steps:
Step 1: If you have already added the domain as an addon in cPanel, remove it there before proceeding.
Addon Domains are suggested to be added through the CHI panel to work properly.
Step 3: Click on the Shared Hosting button
Step 4: Navigate to the Addon Domain Tab:
- Click your domain name on the left hand side of the screen.
- Then click on the Addon domains tab.
- Then click +Create New Addon Domain
Step 5. Fill in the New Domain, Directory, FTP Username, and Password
(We recommend at least an 8 letter/number password) and click Add.
Step 6: Point The Addon Domain DNS To The Server
Next you will need to point the Domain you just added to the addon. You do this by changing the A record in the DNS to the IP address of the server.
Click on the Domains on the bar on the left side of the page, it looks like the globe.
- Click DNS at the top of the page.
- Next please select your Domain name that you want to point at your Web Hosting package (Addon) then click Show Advanced DNS Options
- Now, if you have an A record already entered in please select the Edit button represented as a Pencil. If you do not have an a record already created please click Add New A Record
- Here you will enter your domain name that you are going to point to the Web Hosting in the top box (Host). In the bottom box (Points To) you will enter the IP of the hosting package server. If you do not know the IP address, you can find this by repeating the above steps on the domain on the hosting package and the top IP address will be the hosting IP
After changing or creating this A record in the DNS, this will cause DNS propagation which takes 4 - 24 hours to propagate worldwide. After this period, your domain should start working normally.