Living in the information age makes people dependent on everything being digital, even calendars. Printed calendars are slowly being replaced by the latest gadgets and apps. If you own a WordPress blog, you can install a plugin to help you in organizing your appointments. In the final installment of our recommended WordPress plugins, here are some of the best for organizing your busy schedule.
1. Calendar. This is a simple but effective appointment plugin for WordPress. The Calendar plugin allows you to manage your events and schedule and display them on your site. Its features include: user-friendly events manager in admin dashboard; monthly view of events; events that can span more than a day; multiple events per day; recurrence of an event on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis; widget to display current and upcoming events. This plugin allows events to be placed in categories, displaying one or more categories in a calendar of events. You have the option to include a timestamp and/or author to an event.
2. Booking Calendar. The Booking Calendar plugin allows online booking services for your WordPress site. This is great for resource scheduling, client scheduling, meeting scheduling, event scheduling, patient scheduling or any other service. It allows site visitors to check availability of hotel rooms or services you offer. Clients can book reservations and appointments and they can also view and register for upcoming events. Booking Calendar features booking reservations, email notifications for admin and site visitors, and easy integration into posts and pages. It has a comfortable admin panel for booking and supports multiple languages including English, Italian, Spanish, and French.
3. Spider Event Calendar. The Spider Event Calendar plugin allows you to have multiple organized events in a calendar. It is highly configurable, making it one of the best appointment plugins available in WordPress. This plugin allows you to add an unlimited number of calendars and events per calendar. With just a click, it will display the events and their descriptions for that day. You have the option to display any month instead of the current month on the calendar and you can choose the calendar date style in the popup message.
4. vCita Appointment Booking and online Scheduling. This plugin offers a simple appointment scheduling experience for your contacts and clients. It acts as a virtual receptionist on your website that synchronizes your staff’s calendars on any device and displays your availability on your website. Some of its features include instant scheduling everywhere; synchronize with existing calendars, time zone adjustment, along with predefined services and meeting options. The vCita plugin also has an Auto responder and email reminders that lets your contacts receive a default email message when submitting an online booking request.
5. BirchPress Scheduler. This plugin is an appointment booking and scheduling plugin. It allows service businesses to take online appointment bookings. BirchPress Scheduler enables you to include a booking form in your website, letting customers see service availability and book an appointment online. The plugin targets businesses requiring client scheduling, meeting scheduling, and patient scheduling.
If you want more WordPress plugins that to increase functionality, you can check out the rest of this series:
Plugins to import content
Plugins to syndicate content
Plugins to control email signups