STEP 1: Log into your cPanel interface. You can log in at yourdomain.com:2082 replacing the example with your domain name.
**If you need help logging in, our technical support department would be happy to help. Just submit a ticket requesting your login credentials and be sure to include the domain name you need access to.**
STEP 2: Once logged into the Cpanel, click on SSL/TLS Manager in the Security section.
STEP 3: On the page that loads you will go to the link under Private Keys
STEP 4: At the top of the page there is a section to Generate a New Key select your domain from the drop down menu. You must use 2,048 bits key.
On the page that loads click on the Return to SSL Manager.
STEP 5: You will now click on the link under the Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
STEP 6: You will now fill out the form for the domain that you wish to create the SSL on.
- Key: (Select the key that you generated in STEP 5)
- Domains: yourdomain.co.uk (Or your preferred hostname, e.g. secure.yourdomain.co.uk or shop.yourdomain.co.uk. **Please note that www.yourdomain.co.uk is automatically included if you enter yourdomain.co.uk)
- City: (Your city)
- State: (Your state or province)
- Country: (Your country)
- Company: (The name of your company)
- Company Division: (What your company does, e.g. if you run an ecommerce shop you can put E-commerce.)
- Email: (An email on your domain, most commonly firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pass Phrase: (A secure combination of numbers and letters)
- Description: (A way for you to recognise the certificate in the future)
- Once you’ve filled-in each of the fields, click “Generate.”
STEP 7: Once the page has loaded with the new CSR information you will want to copy the content of the box that starts with “—–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—–“ as this information will need to be used later.